In the late 1940′s two evangelists came to Rangely and began holding Sunday school and worship assemblies in a large tent. Erskine Skates and John Ball preached the gospel, and soon the first converts to Christ became the first members of the present congregation. A short time later, an old C. C. C. building was brought in from Glade Park to serve as the first church building on South Grand. In 1950, the congregation called George Menge to be their pastor, and he served faithfully for the next 40 years. The present building on Darius Avenue was constructed in 1982.
Rangely Christian Church has always stood for sharing the good news of God’s love and grace (Acts 20:24-25; 26:18; 2 Timothy 1:8-10), as found in Jesus Christ, the taproot of Christianity (Colossians 2:6-7). With our structural roots in the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement, our plea is for a return to God through Christ by the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 4:13-5:21). We stand for the unity of all Christians as a response to the prayer of Jesus in John 17:20-23 that “they all may be one … so that the world may believe” in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. As a caring community of faith in Christ, the simple good news of God’s kingdom and faith in Christ continues to be shared. We have received God’s light and love, and we share this redemptive message of mercy and grace with all who will hear. We look forward to the blessed hope, the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ; and we strive to learn from His grace how to live productive lives of loving service in the present age (Titus 2:11-14).